someone referred to me as a “hipster millennial” in a meeting today
and i’m not quite sure how to take that.
1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
things to remember, -n.m. (via thegirlwithfernweh)
Literally love this
I needed this.
Asked by red-bird-writes red-bird-writes
Do you still work for Animal Planet? And if so, do you still want all of the animals? Also - come to New York again so we can get together! :)
Hi hi hi! Yes, I do still work at Animal Planet. My boss has dubbed me the “Build Queen” because I tend to work on all our build-related shows, my favorite being Treehouse Masters. And yes, I want all of the animals. Wishing I owned acres upon acres of land and was independently wealthy so I could adopt a million and get them proper care and also raise alpacas. Instead, I will weep at forking over nearly half of my monthly income to rent and living costs. But one can dream, right? Or marry a billionaire!
And I really do want to come to NYC! I may be up there for work again in October and may extend my stay into a weekend trip, but I’m not sure if I’ll get the go-ahead to go for the shoot. BUT, if that falls through, I definitely want to get up there on my own time to meet up!
Hi, my name is Jodi. And I cry at my desk at least once a day watching videos about dogs, cats, and animal rescues.
If I could just go to a bar that played Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off” for an hour each day, I’d have no problem getting in cardio.
today in “people are truly awesome”
Finally admitted defeat in ever finding my missing license and was planning to head into the devil that is the DC DMV today. But thought… maybe I should check my Facebook “other” messages, just in case. And SURE ENOUGH someone messaged me the day I lost it saying she’d found it.
Had I found it, I probably would have dropped it in the mail, but she wanted to make sure she had the right address, which I do appreciate since I JUST updated my address……. only about 11 months after moving. Oops.
So. I offered her a reward for finding it and saving me the HUGE hassle… and her response? “Just be happy.”
Oh, I will be. As soon as that puppy is back in my hands.
Clinging to summer with one of my favorite salads: orzo, red pepper, cucumber, green onion, feta, pepper and olive oil vinaigrette! #yum #food #goodbyesummer
At some point in adulthood, I would like to reach a point where everything stops feeling so astronomically out of reach in regards to money.
And if i don’t meet you no more …”. FIAC 2012, Paris
(Source: agnesdelmotte, via lyn-not-line)
Needed this bit of laughter today. Etta loves straws. I have a pack that I keep to replenish her stash since they’re easily lost under couches and doors (when I moved last year, I opened a rarely used utility closet and found about 12 of them). She’s also notorious for pulling them out of cups and bringing them to me. No fast food or Starbucks cups are safe!
Tonight, she hopped onto my bed and laid this by me. It seems she couldn’t get the straw out, so she brought me the lid too.
It is amazing how much a phone call with your mom and two little cats can turn your poopy mood around.
this week. ugh.
- My ID was stolen when I was pickpocketed a few weeks ago (long story) right after I had just gotten D.C.s new Real ID. So, I replaced it. Now I seem to have misplaced THAT ID since I cannot find it in my wallet or anywhere else. So, basically, in three months time I’ve lost two IDs and am now trying to order a third. But D.C.’s system isn’t letting me do it online. Because why would anything at D.C.’s DMV work? Since I’ll be down $60, I’m basically going to have to pin this ID to me like a kindergartner so I don’t lose it again. For someone who rarely loses things, this is driving me nuts.
- Feeling basically the opposite of FOMO. I have a friend who constantly wants to go tubing multiple times a summer. I have little desire to go tubing and feel like I turn her down every time because I can’t justify spending money on something I really don’t want to do. However, this time she’s been out of the country for the entire summer for work and wants to do this as an early birthday celebration (since she’s going on a two-week trip on her actualy bday). Between wedding celebrations/bachelorette party for my future SIL, and taking an out-of-town getaway this past weekend, I am broke. At least for the next two weeks. So, I don’t want to go, but feel guilted into going. But I’m not going. Am I being reasonable?
- One of my favorite coworkers is leaving and moving to Austin and decisions that have been made with her job/replacement are laughable and frustrating and I just want to curl up into a ball. Or pull out a bowl of popcorn and watch as the shitshow that’s sure to happen unfolds.
- Another friend is moving into DC into her first apartment by herself. And her situation has made me painfully aware of the giant void in my life without my dad there. I used to call him with literally any decision regarding electronics. Or things around the house. Or questions about stupid little things. Or football. Or just to say hi. And to get his advice about so many things. And it is So. Hard. not being able to just call him up or text him. I hate it so much.
- I haven’t really felt like myself lately or liked the person I’ve been. Ever have those moments? I’m mad at myself for not budgeting better. And I’m mad that I haven’t called my mom more. And I’m just mad about letting little things bother me so much.
I just really wanted to write these things down because otherwise they’re just going to consume my brain and, in the grand scheme of things, they are not worth worrying about or getting overly frustrated about. But left unsaid they can turn into little monsters in your head. Thanks for listening.
Great day for baseball! @catluk64 @thecheekypirate (at Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
How do you fix redeye on Instagram? (at Rock & Roll Hotel)
He never broke my heart. He only turned it into a compass that always points me back to him.
—Clementine von Radics, In Defense of Loving Him (via larmoyante)