a nerdy girl living the cat lady dream in our nation's capital
selfies all day, every day.
it was a good weekend:
- left work early on Friday
- Friday night friend visits
- softball doubleheader on Saturday (i hit a true double!)
- successful and fun second date
- 10:00 bedtime on Saturday night
- church and brunch on Sunday
- brunch included two of the cutest Pomeranians in bunny and duck outfits
- lazy Sunday night which included Chinese takeout (from a good place that actually delivers to my still-feels-new apartment)
- woke up this morning already knowing what I was going to wear, so it made getting ready easy.
all in all, a solid weekend.
$12 polka dot chambray shirt from Old Navy really puts some pop in my comfy Friday attire. Smile to make up for the sads yesterday.
Know what that reward should be?
I need to discuss that final post-credit scene. I have never screamed so loud at my TV!
Ready for a random night out in Baltimore. Feel a bit like Peter Pan :)
If you follow me on Instagram (which you should if you love photos of cats and food), you’ve probably already seen this, so apologies.
But I got a second tattoo this weekend and I absolutely love it. It’s in my dad’s handwriting. And a fun little quirk about my dad was that he always put periods after “Bob” or “Dad” because he considered them abbreviations of a bigger name. So, I had to pay tribute to something that was so quintessentially him with something that felt right to me - so there’s a tiny little heart on the end.
Super simple. But super in love with it.
(Also, I should add: If you’re in D.C. and looking for a good tattoo place, I have nothing but positive things to say about Tattoo Paradise. Everyone was so friendly and two of my friends also got tattoos that they equally love with great results.)
I haven’t done one of these in forever, so I think it’s important to note:
1) The majority of my wardrobe is either: lace, navy, cream, or yellow lately
2) I may have an addiction to purchasing lipstick (this is my latest obsession)
3) This mirror is incredibly dirty, which is unacceptable considering I did major cleaning last weekend.
That’s all. Happy Friday!
[cardigan: LOFT | top: Gap Outlet | jeans: Old Navy | shoes: Forever 21]
Hi friends! Particularly if you’re a friend who has been to/knows things about Paris.
If one was going to be there for two or so days, where would you recommend staying to get the most bang in that short amount of time? Is there a particular arrondissement that is most centrally located for many fun things? I’m trying to remember what little I can from high school and college French classes, but am having trouble. Would love some insight! Particularly because it is likely I will be traveling there alone (before heading down to Marseilles to meet up with a friend for the remainder of my travel).
And if you have any hotel/hostel/airbnb recs, that would also be appreciated!
DISCLAIMER: This blog in NO WAY reflects the opinion or standing of my employer, Discovery Communications. All random thoughts, opinions, photos, weird analysis and videos/photos of cute animals are solely a reflection of me, myself and I, and not them. The end.